| She was throwing rocks at me... |
| M proves that you can, indeed, go off-roading on a trike. Then we forgot his trike in the woods in Williamsburg... |
| The L-man gets ready for a bike ride...note the cow crouching in the background... |
In other big news at the Marston house, A was reunited with one of her deep, abiding loves: L's old Halloween cow costume. If you recall from last year, it was a rare day when A didn't show up to play in either this cow suit or a pink fleece bear suit from L.L. Bean. Might I remind you that although it is nearly the end of October, it is still at least mid 70s to low 80s on a regular basis. We are still in short sleeves and shorts. The warm temps and A's innate sweatiness does not deter her from wearing her beloved cow suit. She usually screams bloody murder when we have to strip it off her protesting, writhing, 2 year old body until we can finally get her to understand that I MUST wash it and that it will be returned to her in a day or two. (Also, we joined the "Y", which guarantees me at least an hour to an a hour and a half to work out and shower while they are in Child Watch. I have slight guilty feelings that for now are off-set by the beauty of that hour of running/lifting weights that culminates in that blessed shower where nobody is peeking at me, slamming their own or their sibling's fingers in shower doors or garnering me dirty looks from grown women who would rather be showering/dressing without a couple of strange 2 year olds for an audience. Hooray...but I still won't work out for longer than an hour because I can't bring myself to leave them for longer than that. Besides, we don't get a lot of time to ourselves without L, so I don't want to squander the time I could have with them, either). Whew, that was a long parenthetical statement.
I was going to write about the surprise spa/movie day that F sprung on me yesterday, but I have to help put the children to bed, so I'd better save that for another post. Hope all is well with all of you who are reading this! I only mentioned the YMCA because I have often wondered what they must think of me when I show up with a 2 year old dressed in head-to-toe cammo (he has 3 identical shirts that are cammo, so he is always wearing a clean one, but STILL they have to have noticed by now that he is always in the same shirt) and a little lady cow. L is having a hissy fit right now because he didn't want to take a bath, but A is using his favorite blue whale because she is in the tubby, so I really better go help F.
No comments:
Post a Comment